Keeping on the traveling theme, let’s talk travel skincare. For me, the key is simplicity. Don’t over complicate things… But know your skin and stay consistent. Don’t ruin your trip by feeling less confidant because your skin is acting up. Here are the things I packed for my trip…
I’ll start with the order that I use things, and why it was important to me that I have them with me even when I’m away from home.
- Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover, this seems self explanatory but… I wear waterproof mascara all the time and I still want to get all my makeup off everyday.
- Yes to … these are the cucumber version, but any makeup wipes will do. I’ve mentioned before that most face washes will NOT remove your makeup. By not removing your make up before you wash your face your not giving it a chance to really work. By removing all of your make up before your wash your face, your allowing your scrub or face wash to really get down to remove whats in your pours and not just whats on the surface.
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. This is what I’ve been using everyday to wash my face once I’ve removed my make up. Because I don’t currently have much in the way of problem areas, this has been just what I’ve needed to really get that clean feel but nothing too harsh.
- Zapzyt Ok, I don’t think I’ve ever talked about this. This is a spot treatment for blemishes. I’ve tried several different types of spot treatments over the years but nothing has worked as good as this product. It is so under appreciated. It is very inexpensive. Even when I don’t have active breakouts I always bring this with me when I travel; just a change in routine, foods, or even climate can change reactions in your skins so I like to be prepared. Most of the time if I feel like a blemish is coming (it doesn’t even have to be showing yet, but when you get that slight bump feeling) I can apply this after I’ve washed my face, but before my moisturizer and then go to bed… and the blemish will never surface! SO good!
- Garnier Moisturizing Gel, This is what I’ve been using for moisturizer. It’s really light weight and does the job.
Like I said, I like to keep it very simple and stick to the products that I know. But, stick to my routine. What are some of your travel skin care tips?
Until Next time…